|Twitter Office at London UK|
Created in 2006, Twitter is a global real-time communications platform with 400 million monthly visitors to twitter.com, more than 140 monthly active users around the world. We see a billion tweets every 2.5 days on every conceivable topic. World leaders, major athletes, star performers, news organizations and entertainment outlets are among the millions of active Twitter accounts through which users can truly get the pulse of the planet.
About this role
Working with our London team on our TweetDeck product, you will be designing a critical tool for some of the world's most listened-to organizations and people. You will collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to create powerful interfaces for a demanding audience, resolving complex real time issues through simple, elegant design.
This position is based in London, UK.
What we’re looking for
A talented designer who is passionate about Twitter and knows the web inside and out. Someone who has ideas spilling out of their head for design simplifications, improvements, and additions to the Twitter experience. Design work which is clean, focused, and inspiring to others.
- Translate potentially complex requirements into sketches, concepts, and detailed screen designs
- Visualize large data sets in ways that enhance understanding
- Ability to deliver entire features from initial exploration through to launch, and beyond
- Support and collaborate with other designers in the UK and United States
- Partner with Design Research to inform and improve design recommendations
- Develop and maintain mockups, visual assets, wireframes, prototypes, and specifications
- Strong track record of designing consumer and/or commercial web app interfaces
- Excellent visual design skills, including an eye for typography, icon design, composition, and use of color
- Solid interaction design and information architecture skills
- Knowledge and experience of contemporary prototyping methods
- Knowledge of design research and usability testing methods
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and requirements, communicating progress effectively
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
Desired (not required)
- Ability to prototype your work in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Experience designing desktop applications
- Experience designing systems for expert use
- Experience with the media and news industries
Apply click here