Position ENGINEER, UG HYDROLOGY GBC #2
Work Location Tembagapura,Ref. ID - 36708
Long Description :
Basic Function :
Perform and supervise Surface and Underground Mine hydrology activities to ensure all the data and report requirements are collected in timely and quality manner to support the department's objective.
Job Responsibility :
1. Perform and supervise hydrology daily monitoring at Surface and Underground Mine area and ensure all date requirements are collected in regular basis.
2. Analyze QA/QC regarding hydrology data and ensure to update all data collected into database in timely manner and quality consideration.
3. Supervise hydrology activities and programs in Surface and Underground Mine such as Piezometer drilling and installation to ensure all the activities and programs are well running and meet the minimum target/requirement.
4. Provide support to superior in development and improvement of any programs to enhance the level of expertise and expectation, including perform hydrogeology investigation program.
5. Coordinate and maintain relationship with all concerned party within PTFI regarding Hydrology activities and programs to smooth the work process in achieving target.
6. Gather and perform reporting paperwork regarding all data related such as RKL/RPL report in quarter and annual basis, Wetmuck report in quarterly and others hydrology reporting for further action and decision by superior.
7. Supervise and control the budget usage in Hydrology activities and programs to ensure the actual are within budget.
8. Ensure and supervise all hydrology monitoring equipments to be calibrated and ready to be used all the time.
9. Direct and communicate company's safety and environmental policies to ensure subordinates perform their duties accurately, effectively and efficiently in a safely and good condition manner.
10. Provide technical and management guidance for subordinate through training and development, ongoing coaching to prepare for the sustainable employee development to the expanding organization.
11. Monitor and review subordinate's performance and assist them during their activities to minimize possibilities of re- work and to ensure compliance with time and quality standards required by the client and the company.
The key challenges in this position include:
° Require extra attention and special technical skill considering high risk area and complicated hydrogeology condition.
° In order to achieve high demand of Surface and Underground Mine areas and to meet the requirement of operational, the incumbent should have a broad knowledge of Hydrology and Hydrogeology and able to cover wide working areas.
° Annual capital budget per year: 2 M.
° 9 direct subordinates (Non-Staff) - Total of all employees in under Engineering Hydrology.
The background, education, and work experience needed to succeed in this job are:
Minimum Education and Experience
° S1 Degree in Geology or Mine Engineering with at least 2 years experience in Hydrology and Hydrogeology especially at mining industry.
Core Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Characters)
° Fluent English both verbal and written.
° Computer literacy such as Vulcan, Minesight, Autocad and Microsoft Office.
° Project Management.
° Analytical Thinking.
° Self motivated, well adapted and team oriented.
The Company offers very attractive terms of employment, including salary and benefit package to successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Application Deadline Saturday, March 09, 2013