Bank Dunia Cabang Jakarta DL 7 Juli 2013
Job TitleProcurement Specialist
Job TypeProfessional & Technical
Recruitment TypeLocal Hire
Language RequirementBahasa (Indonesian) [Essential]; English [Essential]
Background / General description:
The World Bank office in Jakarta is seeking to recruit a Procurement Specialist with relevant background and experience in procurement for its Indonesia country Program. The position is based in Jakarta and requires an experienced procurement staff capable of managing complex technical matters, operational and policy issues, as well as issues related to governance and anti-corruption. This is a renewable appointment for an initial period of two years.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate should be sufficiently knowledgeable about the World Bank’s Procurement Guidelines and Consultant Guidelines or the Guidelines of a Multilateral Development Bank, in order to perform the job is required. The candidate should be willing to travel regularly (mostly wthin Indonesia) to participate in project preparation, appraisal and implementation support missions to provide hands-on procurement support and training to the implementing agencies.
The selected candidate will be based in the Bank’s Jakarta Office and he/she will report to the Regional Procurement Manager based in Washington DC and work in collaboration with other procurement specialists based in Washington DC and in Jakarta. S/he will be part of the team in the Jakarta Procurement Hub which is supervised by a Procurement Hub Leader (PHL) and currently comprises one Lead Procurement Specialist/PHL, one Senior Procurement Specialist, one Procurement Specialist, three Procurement Analysts, one Procurement Assistant, and two Team Assistants.
The Procurement Specialist shall ensure the efficient delivery of the Bank’s fiduciary and advisory procurement functions in relation to selected projects in the Indonesia portfolio. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for the following:
• Work as an integral member of several Bank task teams responsible for ensuring that i) the proceeds of the Bank’s Loans, Credits and Grants are used for the intended purposes, and ii) procurement of works, goods and consulting services in Bank financed projects is carried out by the Borrower in accordance with the Bank’s procurement and consultant selection policies and procedures.
• Work independently in providing procurement support during project preparation; and project implementation (including prior and post reviews of all procurement documents and decisions for selected projects in the portfolio financed by the Bank;
• Assist the Borrower in procurement capacity building activities including support during country procurement assessment and the procurement reform process;
• Work on procurement matters across sectors in the performance of the Bank’s fiduciary and service functions, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior procurement staff;
• Review and handle the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (in consultation with Legal and Policy departments as necessary) at all stages of the project cycle;
• Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement;
• Participate in missions as procurement expert on projects; assess procurement implications of project design, evaluate institutional capacity of borrowers and assist in the development of suitable procurement plans;
• Participate in country and/or sector procurement assessments; prepare background analysis; collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices;
• Resolve difficult procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle questions/ complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues in consultation with the Procurement Hub
Leader and/or Regional Procurement Manager;
• Prepare a range of procurement-related documents and reports; and providing guidance and training to junior procurement staff;
• Review and handle procurement-related complaints and mis-procurement cases; and
• Design and deliver workshops and training to educate staff in the Bank and in the Borrower agencies on the Bank’s procurement, its policy, relevant procedures and processes as well as specialized procurement topics.
A Master’s Degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g., Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce)
• At least 5 years’ experience in procurement and implementation of projects in or outside the Bank with a substantial content of his/her position in the procurement area.
• Procurement Principles - Good knowledge of concepts, principles, and approaches to international procurement, and of public procurement systems.
• Procurement Transactions - Good understanding of procurement planning, methods, and packaging.
• Procurement Under Bank Financed Operations - Knowledge and understanding of technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all phases of Bank lending operations.
• Public Procurement Systems & Reform - Experience in contributing to analytical and advisory activities.
• Operational Project Management - Demonstrates broad knowledge of project management tools & methodologies; identifies key risks and mitigation measures; interprets background analysis and proposed solutions.
• Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
Klik gambar untuk mengirim lamaran kerja